Advantages of Field Grown Trees
Advantages of our field grown trees in comparison with container grown trees:
- Develop larger, stronger trunks and are more balanced in terms of height and spread. They are similar in form to trees grown naturally in the landscape.
- Grow stronger root systems through the practice of root pruning which stimulates new fibrous/feeder roots. Also, when the trees are dug for dispatch, even more fibrous/feeder roots develop and within a couple of months are spreading out into their new environment. Our trees are treated with Growth Formula and Seasol which further encourages strong root growth.
- Are hardy and need less water than container grown stock. In the field they are only watered by natural rainfall, so have adapted to going through dry periods.
- Suited to a wide range of climates throughout Australia as they are produced at an elevation of 750 metres. This includes Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Toowoomba, Sydney and Melbourne.
- Adapt more readily to their new environment, as they are grown in soil rather than a potting mix.